KnitMap on Your iPhone!

Thanks to Matt, web developer extraordinaire, you can now easily access KnitMap on the go from your iPhone.

Want to find a store near you? Need directions to that out-of-the-way shop? Want to look up a store’s hours? Its all right there! Just enter www.knitmap.com/iphone into the web browser, and you have a streamlined site perfect for the iPhone.

Comments

Anonymous_small_small

by Anonymous on Tuesday, Oct 30 2007 at 10:24AM UTC

Ok...if I only had an iphone this would be the coolest thing EVER!!!

Way to go MATT!!!!

Orange_271_small

by gnatchat on Tuesday, Oct 30 2007 at 10:25AM UTC

Ok..that last comment was me. :) Great job Matt!!

Yarn-green_small

by MamaMay on Tuesday, Oct 30 2007 at 03:38PM UTC

Great job Matt!

On another note, why is it that nothing I update on any store gets updated anymore? I updated dead yarn stores about 10 days ago and they still don't come up dead. I have added times, phone numbers and such as well and nothing is coming up. Is there a bug and you aren't getting the updates to approve or are you guys over your heads in updates?

Maniclook_small

by YarnTraveler (Stacy) on Tuesday, Oct 30 2007 at 06:00PM UTC

MamaMay - Store revisions are moderated, so they don't show up immediately. However, I just checked the queue and all of the outstanding revisions have been accepted at the moment. If anyone makes a note that a store is closed, its removed from the database. We'll look into it to see if we aren't getting all of the comments. Thanks for the heads up!

Yarn-green_small

by MamaMay on Wednesday, Oct 31 2007 at 01:07PM UTC

Thank you. The yarn store in question (dead once at least) is this one: http://www.knitmap.com/locations/your-knit-parade.html .

The only reason I am posting a direct link is so you guys can check to see if you have a notice to update it in the wings or not. I don't expect it to cut in line or anything...

Icon_nsk_small

by WJBDineen on Wednesday, Apr 15 2009 at 02:57AM UTC

Is there a problem with the iPhone link?? I get an error message!

Yarn-green_small

by knittingdiva on Friday, May 08 2009 at 10:00PM UTC

Hey don't leave the majority of us knitters out of the loop. Most of us with regular cell phones subscribe to VZ Navigator on our cell phones and we would love to knitmap there too.